…and now probably will…Just thought I’d shove in a random post here, to lighten things up around here. Also, I needed to find a use for these images, because each of them rock for their own random reasons). Lastly, it’s Friday. Thank the stars.
1. I have Misophonia. It bugs me to the point of rage. This is why I often used to eat at my desk, and will, usually, eat away from other people. I actually took it up with my doctor the other day, and she recommended I carry on avoiding situations where I’ll get aggravated, as best as possible. She also told me to try focus on other things when it happens. That’s not so easy. Fact – if I eat with you, you must know, you’re special to me. Very special. VERY SPECIAL.
2. About that doctor – I love her. To pieces. She is one of the most understanding, empathetic people I know. She looks at the WHOLE problem you face, not just symptoms. She is a brave, wonderful woman and I fear the day she moves away/retires/decides to give it all up and go make jam on a farm. She also deals very well with my…
3. Paranoia. Yes, paranoia. I am supremely paranoid about: people and death. People, you ask? Haha. Have you MET people? Every person you meet has a 50/50 chance of being a complete chop, or a complete dear. You usually find this out within the first five minutes of meeting them. Sometimes, chops hide behind a facade of being a dear. It’s a tricky situation. And death? Well, yes, death. Because I have that whole “oh-heck-I-have-dealt-with-death” thing in my life, I fear the crap out of it because I do not want anyone I care about to ever, ever go through that loss. So, the moment my chest aches, or I have a migraine, I instantly think “I’m dying. That’s crap” and panic. I don’t do being sick well, mostly because I feel guilty and worried (haha worried sick!) that I’m going to die. Most of the time, you’ll find me sick and working – this is because I refuse to acknowledge that I’m sick, and can therefore calm myself into believing that I’m not going to die. I am HORRIBLE to be around, grumpy and generally unpleasant.
4. I don’t deal with whining well, especially if you’re an adult. I don’t even tolerate it from children (which makes me a less-than-understanding mom, some days).
5. I can’t sleep if I have socks on. Someone gave me sleep socks as a gift once. It didn’t work out well. They became sockpuppets (the sleepsocks, not the gift-giver). But, I cannot sleep if my feet are uncovered. So I’m a duvet on feet girl. Everything from my ear to my toes must be covered, otherwise I cannot sleep.
6. Memes. Give me memes. Let me sing you the song of my people? The song of my people is…memes.
(ended it on an even number…do I win something, Angel and Glugs? :P)
5 thoughts on “Things you don’t know about me”
I am smell sensitive – not sure which is worse. I also can nto sleep with socks on.
I am exactly like you with the socks!
Cannot sleep with them on my feet but…
My feet have to be covered so I usually tuck the duvet under my feet.
Then I usually tuck a daschund over that just for good measure 🙂
I have to have one foot covered and one open…and I NEED to sleep facing the door. I also don’t do whining. When I think someone has licked wounds to the enough point then I tell them to stop being a pansy and rip the plaster off. If someone challenges me in an assholish way on something I KNOW I’m right about I punish them by doing it their way to the letter so they can learn their lesson.
Mwaaaaaaaaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Lemme ask him quickly!
Glugster says you win his everlasting respect – until you end a list on an odd number again… 😛
So I can’t be a chop since I have actually eaten with you – more than once! 😀